We take the protection of your personal information very seriously. This policy is designed to describe the personal information we collect, how we protect it and what we do with it.
From time to time, we may need to change this policy. If we do so, we will post the updated version on our app or website and it will apply to all of your information held by us at the time.
1. Personal information about users of our app is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
Collecting information on members
3. As part of registering with us, we may collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
Credit Card Details
4. Payment transactions are handled by a third party service provider and we do not store any credit card details on our system.
Medical and Personal Information
5. By providing us any information related to your medical and personal information, we strive to ensure third-party providers do not store any private information in any system outside Paperly.
6. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
7. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for services.
8. We may exchange your personal information with our related bodies corporate, your and our representatives, your family members (where appropriate), school and our service providers. Our service providers include providers of archival, auditing (including quality assurance in relation to health professionals using our platform), accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, debt collection, delivery, data processing, data analysis, document management, information broking, research, investigation, insurance, website or technology services.
9. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our app or websites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
10. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
11. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information from Users
12. IP Addresses
Our web servers may gather your IP address. Information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
13. Cookies and Applets
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the app.
Access to Information
14. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
15. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
16. We provide links to web sites outside of our app. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our app or website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
18. For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/